Monday, June 18, 2007

Ode to my....Swiffer WetJet

Need I say more? I never realized how DISGUSTING my hard wood and linoleum floors were until my Bean started crawling. Granted, we have a very hairy dog, and keeping up with her shedding is a never-ending struggle. But I thought vacuuming twice a week would do the trick. Nope. It seems like no matter how hard we try to keep the floors vacced and scrubbed, the baby's knees are dirty and she's covered in those DAMN fine black hairs.


So I've attacked the problem with my Swiffer WetJet. I feel guilty using it because it's such a waste - the bottles of liquid and batteries that need frequent replacing, the disposable pads that only last for on use, and on and on. But it's just so easy. Grab it, squirt squirt, clean clean. I've become a bit obsessed with the thing, using it whenever I have a spare moment. And you know what? That pad is always dirty when I'm done. Where does it COME from?

We're moving soon to a house with (incidentally) more carpet and less hardwood. Though I prefer the look of wood, I'm hoping the carpet is easier to keep clean. Or maybe the hairs and dust will cling to the rug instead of my Bean.

Ew.

No comments: